Multilevel Governance in Europe 2016
This "Multilevel Governance in Europe' program offers students the opportunity, after an initial 2-week session at FIU, to travel across Western Europe and visit major international organizations. Students explore the complexities of multiple levels of regional governance in Europe by visiting the European Union (EU) and Council of Europe institutions and courts in Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg, as well as the United Nations (UN) organizations in Vienna. This educational tour consists of informational tours and dialogues with policy experts, complemented by excursions in some of the most historic cities in Europe.
The course starts with a 1-week introductory module on the FIU campus and then continues in the second half with train travels through Austria (Vienna, 4 days/nights), Germany (Munich, 3 days/nights), France (Strasbourg, 3 days/nights), Luxembourg (2 days/nights), and Belgium (Brussels, 6 days/nights). The program includes a mix of historical excursions and institutional visits
In all cities, students will stay in centrally located student hostels and will share their rooms with other students on the program.
- Summer A 2016
- On-campus: May 16 – May 20, 2016
- Abroad: May 23 – June 8, 2016
- CPO 3104 European Union Politics
- INR 3214 International Relations of Europe
- INR 4905 Independent Study
- 6 credits total
- The program cost is $2700 and includes accommodations, 4-country Eurail train ticket, two group meals, guided tours, and academic visits. Also included is the mandatory international health insurance.
- The program cost does not include airfare from Miami to Vienna and from Brussels back to Miami, FIU course instructional fees ($205.57 per undergraduate credit), the non-refundable $175 Study Abroad Fee, and personal expenses.
To view flyer, click here.
To apply to the Multilevel Governance in Europe Summer 2016 program,click here.
For more Information:
- European & Eurasian Studies Program
Modesto A. Maidique Campus, SIPA 508
- Prof. Markus Thiel
T: 305 348-2323\ E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Education Abroad