Multilevel Governance in Europe 2018 - Cyprus and Brussels
This "Multilevel Governance in Europe' program offers students the opportunity, after an initial week at FIU, to travel to Cyprus & Belgium and visit major international organizations. Students explore the complexities of multiple levels of regional governance in Europe by visiting the European Union (EU) institutions in Brussels and Luxembourg as well as the various UN-peackeeping and EU and NGO-organizations on the ancient Mediterranean island of Cyprus. This educational tour consists of informational tours and dialogues with policy experts, complemented by excursions in some of the most ancient places in Europe.
The course starts with a 1-week introductory module on the FIU campus and then continues in the second half with a two-week stay in Nicosia, the capital of the Mediterranean, UN-separated country of Cyprus, and Belgium (Brussels, 4 days/nights). The program includes a mix of historical excursions and institutional visits.
In all cities, students will stay in centrally located hotels and will share their rooms with other students on the program.
- Summer A 2018
- On-campus: May 7 – May 11, 2018
- Abroad: May 13 – June 1, 2018
- INR 3214 International Relations of Europe
- (alternatively: INR 4905 Independent Study)
- 3 credits total
- The program cost is $2700 and includes accommodations, 2-country Eurail train ticket, two group meals, guided tours, and academic visits. Also included is the mandatory international health insurance.
- The program cost does not include airfare from Miami to Nicosia and from Brussels back to Miami, FIU course instructional fees ($205.57 per undergraduate credit), the non-refundable $175 Study Abroad Fee, and personal expenses.
To view flyer, click here.
To apply to the Multilevel Governance in Europe Summer 2018 program,click here.
For more Information:
- European & Eurasian Studies Program
Modesto A. Maidique Campus, SIPA 508
- Prof. Markus Thiel
T: 305 348-2323\ E: email@example.com
- Office of Education Abroad