Congratulations to our students who obtained their Certificates in European Studies this Spring 2011!
- Gabriela Bello (B.A. in History, Spring 2011);
- Janet Chavez (B.A. in International Business and International Relations, Spring 2011);
- Charlotin Olivier (B.A. in Political Science, Minor in International Relations, Spring 2011);
- Stephanie Vazquez (B.A. in History and Religion, Spring 2011);
- Alain Reyes (B.A. in History and Political Sciences, Minor in Education, Spring 2011).
In order to acknowledge their work, a Recognition and Award Ceremony was organized at FIU on Monday, May 9th, 2011. Dr. Rebecca Friedman, Director, European Studies, and prestigious members of the European Community presented the participants with their certificates. They included the Honorable ret. Ambassador to Germany, Dr. Volker Anding, and Education Attache at the consulate general of France, Martine Johnston.
After the Recognition and Awards ceremony, and cocktail, the center held a screening of the film" Nous nous sommes tant haïs", a fictional reenactment of the birth of the European Union.