Requirements - Undergraduate Certificate
The program requires 15 credits hours (5 courses) from at least 3 departments, distributed as follows:
Language Requirements (3 credits)
- One course in a European language at the intermediate (2000) level or above.
Breadth Requirement (9 credits)
- Three courses at 3000-level or above, not all of which can be in either Social Science or in Humanities.
- Courses must be from an approved list published in the class schedule each term, or else contain substantial European content and approved by the Director.
- Such courses are offered by the Departments of:
- Art and Art History,
- English, Environmental Studies,
- International Relations,
- Modern Languages,
- Political Science,
- and Religion, among others.
Exit Requirement (3 credits)
- Interdisciplinary Colloquium, to be taken during the student's senior year, that will focus on a broad European topic. In it, students are expected to complete a major research project.